In the last few years, the real estate crowdfunding platform DiversyFund has carved a nice market share for itself.
And although they are relatively young, the company has already established over $100 million in real estate investments!
But while the platform has become pretty popular, you might still be interested in DiversyFund alternatives.
Maybe you want to diversify your real estate holdings, want more real estate options, or you are unsure of the platform yet.
Luckily for you, the crowdfunding market has skyrocketed and there are many options for investors to consider that want to dabble in real estate.
Table of Contents
Is DiversyFund A Good Investment?
Online real estate investment platform Diversyfund is a highly popular REIT brokerage. With a minimum investment of just $500, it makes real estate investing available to the masses.
It is a completely automated platform that reinvests your distributions until the properties are sold.
The automated nature of Diversyfund can be a real benefit for investors wanting to take a hands-off approach. The platform totally manages your money for you. which means you can sit back and watch your funds grow as properties are developed and sold.
It’s highly rated by the Better Business Bureau, which suggests their user interaction and customer service are solid. DiversyFund is a great real estate platform to try out and not risk a lot of money at once.
However, DiversyFund has limited investment options for you currently and you may want to expand your real estate crowdfunding portfolio. If that’s the case there are plenty of platforms like DiversyFund you might want to consider.
Best Alternatives to DiversyFund
Ready to invest in real estate with some of the best platforms currently available today? Each of the below DiversyFund alternatives offer pros and cons, it will be up to you as to which platform and how much money you want to invest.
Remember, there are always risks with investing, so only use what you feel comfortable in potentially losing.
Fundrise is very similar to Diversyfund, offering “everyday investors” the chance to become active in real estate, even when they don’t have high cash flow.
With the same minimum contribution of $500, Fundrise takes just a 1% fee on your investment returns. The brokerage platform boasts the following features:
- IRA accounts
- A range of investment levels depending on your financial situation
- Non-accredited investors are able to use it
- Strong history of results
Groundfloor offers an alternative to wall street investments, stating that they cannot be trusted, “but your fellow Americans can.”
What makes this company a unique DiversyFund alternative is their investment options are based on collateralized real estate debt with shorter 12-18 month terms. This means you can be paid back with interest sooner, than investing in REITs which typically require 3 – 5 year terms.
- An extremely low minimum investment of just $10
- $0 fees for investors
- More choices and control
- Single-family investments and loans
Another popular platform, PeerStreet encourages others to get into real estate investing without having to manage the properties themselves.
It works slightly differently than the other platforms, with users investing in the debt left from real estate loan projects. This means that Peerstreet could carry a higher risk than the other real estate crowdfunding platforms.
The one downside right now is that it is for accredited-only investors.
- Lots of variety and choice
- Self-Directed IRA available
- $1,000 minimum to get started investing
Highly experienced investment platform CrowdStreet has a great track record of producing those all-important returns.
Set up to offer institutional-grade properties to individual investors, it allows users to diversify their portfolios and reduce risk by spreading their wealth.
Similar to PeerStreet, this platform is also only for accredited-investors at this time. And the CrowdStreet investments are all commercial properties, which can provide great returns but you are not as diversified.
- A really expansive list of potential commercial investments
- Their experts have 60 years of combined real estate expertise and over $6.5 billion in total transactional experience
- An easy-to-use CRM system with reports and analytics capabilities
Specializing in single-family properties, Roofstock has been recognized in the Forbes Fintech 50 list. They provide a safety net around each investment to give peace-of-mind for those putting their money at risk.
With Roofstock you can buy and sell real estate properties directly online. This gives you access to potential rental prosperities in 15+ states across the U.S.
Compared to these other DiversyFund alternatives, Roofstock is certainly more unique and has a different approach. But will require more capital and diligence to be successful.
- A high volume of deals (over 500 per month)
- Guaranteed rental income 45-days after the transaction is complete
- Buyers have 100% ownership of properties
- Access to in-depth analysis and a property manager
- Open to accredited and non-accredited investors
Non-accredited investors are welcome to join Streitwise, a platform for investing in commercial properties. The brokerage has a minimum investment requirement of $1,000 usually, which is equivalent to 100 shares.
- A transparent management team who have invested into the business themselves
- Relationships with well-known financial names
- Dividends payable every quarter to their investors
7. Origin Investments
Origin Investments is a private luxury investment platform for accredited investors only. The company reports an average return of 30% with over $2 billion in transactions.
The platform features:
- 100% track record on delivering returns — investors have never lost money to date
- Done-for-you strategy with access to some of the largest deals
- A $50,000 minimum investment for serious investors only
With over half a billion dollars in REITs, RealtyMogul encourages users to generate passive income for life. Having already paid out almost $200 million, the platform is serious about crowdfunding to manage an impressive portfolio of properties.
- Access to both accredited and non-accredited investors
- A higher rate of return target than some of the others on this list
- A REIT buyback program
EquityMultiple highlights the sheer demand for investors in the managed real estate industry, with an attractive value proposition for accredited investors.
The platform has a minimum investment value of $10,000 which allows you to diversify your portfolio. But that means you do need to be comfortable starting with more capitial.
- Access to commercial real estate
- A good varied investment selection (Debt, Equity, Opportunity Funds, CRE Securities)
- Pretty robust customer service and support
As you can see, there are plenty of DiversyFund alternatives to consider pending your investment needs.
In some of the above platforms, you’ll have to be an accredited investor, others will offer different types of real estate. Fortunately, there are tons of options for you and there is bound to be a platform just for you.
Alternatively, if you are looking to invest in the land but not traditional real estate or REITs, you might also consider investing in farmland.