This blog is dedicated to helping beginners and beyond succeed with money. Personal finances can appear to be challenging to understand — but it doesn’t have to be.
Hey there! Thanks for stopping by Invested Wallet, a blog about personal finances, investing, side hustles and tips on taking control of your money.
We share how to’s, insights, and transparent personal stories about escaping paycheck to paycheck all the way to reaching financial independence.
Anyone can take control and better their financial future. It may be harder for some and easier for others, but we all have a chance.
What You Won’t Find
You won’t find content on the best stocks or any sketchy money-making schemes with Invested Wallet. You also won’t find millionaire and retired bloggers generating six-figures each month.
Instead, you’ll find stories about people still in the trenches that are working on bettering their personal finances.
Some content you will find on Invested Wallet:
- Money basics
- Financial tools
- Personal stories
- Investing insights
- Money saving tips
- How to make money
- Career and salary tips
- Side hustle ideas
Some Featured Reading (For A Content Taste)
- How to Escape Living Paycheck to Paycheck [Sooner Rather Than Later]
- Instead of Pursuing FIRE, I’m Choosing EWYD (Enjoy What You Do)
- 8 Simple Ways You Can Become Financially Literate On Your Own
- Personal Finance 101: How To Teach Yourself to Succeed with Money
- What Does Blooom Do? The Easy Way to Optimize Your 401k (Review)
- 29 of the Best Personal Finance Tips for Beginners and Beyond
- Credit Card Vs. Debit Card: The Complete Beginner’s Guide
- How to Increase Your Salary: The Best Tips to Make More Money
- Why Do Most People Dislike Working On Their Personal Finances?
- How to Save $100k: The Journey to This Financial Milestone
- How the Minimalist Lifestyle Benefits Your Finances (But Is It Right for You?)
- Investing Money for Beginners: What You Need to Know First
History of Invested Wallet
Hello! My name is Todd and I founded Invested Wallet in mid-2018 to help others learn about finances.
In 2014 I was in an apartment that I could barely afford, had a high car payment, two student loans, and then was let go from my job a few weeks before Christmas.
This left me with just a few dollars each week in my checking account to scrape by after bills. At this time I had close to $50k in total debt remaining, under $1k in an emergency fund, and a few grand in a 401k. (I didn’t even understand my 401k or contribute enough for the company match #FacePalm).
While it was a frustrating time, this was the motivation I needed to make changes to not only my finances, but also my own career path.
When I started this financial journey, I initially had little background in finances and investing.
I was taught about good credit, signing up for a credit card, and the basics of saving money — but I wanted to go further by learning how to build wealth and to never have to stress about money.
- I’ve financially educated myself
- I saved and invested six-figures
- Knocked out 100% of my debt
- Taught myself an entirely new career
- Increased my full-time income by 150% and escaped the cubicle life
- Maintaining a 75%+ savings rate when the average American saves less than 5%
- I’m self-managing all my investments
I’ve been featured and quoted in numerous publications like CNBC, Business Insider, MSN, Forbes, Yahoo Finance, MarketWatch, Fox Business, Time, Huffington Post, and more.
If you are looking to connect, have questions, or looking to work with me, please feel free to contact me at any time.
Thanks for stopping by!
All content and information on Invested Wallet is for informational and educational purposes only, does not constitute financial or business advice and does not establish any kind of professional client relationship by your use of this website.
Although we strive to provide accurate general information, the information presented here is not a substitute for any kind of professional advice, and you should not rely solely on this information. Always consult a professional in the area for your particular needs and circumstances prior to making any professional, legal, business and financial or tax related decisions.